Thursday 7 January 2016

Magazine Advert Photograph Selection

Option 1
This was a personal favourite of mine as I feel that I look natural and approachable towards my audience.
I am positioned off centre, this shows continuity within our work as most of the footage that we filmed of me, I am off centre. I like that my body is turned slightly to an angle as it connotes the idea of Nova being interested in her audience, this will be good for Nova as her fans will feel as if she cares about them. By having my hair half infront half behind, it swaps things up visually as this isn't something a lot of artists do. I also like that you can see my shadow, I feel that this looks quite a mysterious, which will intregue the audience. Personally, I feel that this image is a strong contendor for the final choice.

Option 2
The second option we had was one of Nova looking, rather simplistically, at the camera, with her body shifted slightly to the side. I don't particularly like this photograph that much as I feel that I look stiff rather than effortless, which is not what we wanted as we feel that if you look stiff, you look like you do not really want to be there, which obviously is not how we want to represent Nova. Notwithstanding, I like the way that I am looking rather mysteriosly and almost seductivly at the camera, this is because this type of eye contact will draw people in as they become intrigued.
We decided that for this image my hair should be pushed back so that you can see more of my face.






Option 3
We decided to experient with a differnt body position in this image by having me turn to the side so you can see my side profile. Experimenting with different body positions and angles is crucial in a photoshoot so that we can determine what angles work and what ones don't. I feel that this angle is successfull as it is different to any picture we've ever chosen of Nova before, this will give her fans something new to get excited about. When it comes to adding in text we could then do something a bit more creative like having the text morphe around the outline of my profile. We felt that this profile allowed us to be more creative and artistic. 






Option 4 / Chosen Image
This is the fourth and final imgae - this ended up being the image we all liked the most. My favourite thing about this image is the way im posing, I feel that it expresses an element of confidence which is something that we want Nova to inspire her fans to have. The way that I am starring right down the lense of the camera suggests an element of authroity  or power, this tells Nova's audience that she is serious about the tour and her music.
We chose to place my hair behind my shoulders to show off my face and keep the look in my eye as the main focal point. I feel that the quality of this photograph is professional, as if Nova is in the big leagues of the music industry. The shot we used (wide medium shot) works really well here as it shows off the right amount of Nova's outfit as well as leaving enough space either side of her for text to be inserted or for space to be cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment